Monday, August 22, 2011

I lost a lot of sleep over this one








I finished this carpenter star just in the nick of time.  It was really easy and fun to piece - just half square triangles.  The quilting probably would have been enjoyable had I allowed more time to do it.  I hope I never do that to myself again...  creating ridiculous deadlines when I am most busy - the first week of school!  Anyway, I truly like this quilt, and I do like the way I quilted it, too.  I wish I could say it is all original, but I copied most of the quilting motifs (except for the swagged border) from my online forum friends at MQR. 

6 comments:

Desley said...

It is gorgous Mary. I love how the quilting shows on the back and the combination of striaght lines and feathers. Why the tight deadline?

Marlene said...

Love both the quilt and the quilting. I also love the straight lines and the feathers. Is it to keep?

vivian said...

Beautiful! Straight lines and feathers look so good together.

Teresa Silva said...

This quilt is gorgeous. I love the feathered circles in the centers of the squares and the feathers are wonderful. Nice job.

Bunny said...

Now that is gorgeous. Your work is amazing.

Joan said...

Your quilt is quite stunning...Love the designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...