Sunday, January 9, 2011

Morning Glory is Done

I recently finished my most challenging quilt to date -- not the piecing, gosh, that was done years ago -- but the quilting.  I made this quilt probably five years ago from a block exchange with my quilting circle, Loose Threads.I made about 30% of the blocks since I wanted to make it a large queen/smaller king size.  I quilted it early on in my longarming days, and it was horrible.  I had used variegated tan king tut in the white areas (don't ask my why, I have no idea) and stippled it, no less!  Ugh!  Then I did some hideous leaf/vine things in the green/white border with white thread.  Ugh again!  I was too embarrassed to give it away and couldn't bear to toss it in the trash.  So for months I carried this thing with me in the car from place to place, state to state, and skinned it with a rotary cutter.  When I had the three pieces completely separate, I was almost sad.  Notice I said almost. 

 Anyway, here it is, and I am so happy with the results.  I would proudly give this away or put it in my local quilt show.

1 comment:

happydaysquilting said...

What a great job you have done of quilting this quilt! it has a lovely variety of patterns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...