I made a rough drawing, and from this, I've got this very rough base of a landscape. I have basted the blue batik until I get the rest of the fabric I need. I will be doing lots of embellishing, and obviously will be placing wind turbines on it! Can you believe I purchased this beautiful batik fabric, but forgot to get some gray for the turbines. I plan to paint the side of the turbines to replicate shading.
Here are a few pictures that I am using as a reference. I just received the picture with the poppies from my friend Carolyn, so I quickly changed my plan to add poppies. Note the wild horses in the second photo on the right -- I hope to include a couple horses in one of the quilts, too.