Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas gifts

I was able to finish these stockings just in time, literally.  I had originally planned on appliquéing an initial on each stocking, but ran out of time, so I stitched their name on the stocking. This was an idea I got from Jenny at Jennys Doodling Needle or Sew Kind of Wonderful. thanks for the idea. Jenny! They were hung on Christmas Eve, and filled with pistachios, peanuts, chocolate, and candy canes.  Grandma and Grandpa (Dean and I) happily helped the babies with their pistachios and peanuts.  What a fun Christmas we had!  All four of our grands were with us yesterday, and we watched Corinne ride her brand new bike, and Devin play with his radio controlled monster truck. 


Santa was really good to me, too!  I received a Canon EOS camera!  I am just beginning to learn all it can do.  It may take me months... I thought this was a beautiful subject.  a close up of the Nandina at my daughter's home.   I love the bright red of these berries.


2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those stockings are so much fun!! Your whole quilt in your header is so amazing!! The quilting is superb! I know you'll have fun with your new camera, I look forward to lots of lovely photos, the berries are a beautiful start!

Jenny said...

Those turned out great!! I'm so glad you were inspired to make some too! Why not...we've got all the right tools. I really wanted to piece my stockings before I quilted them...but ran out of time. Yours look great!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...