Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Skinning Another Quilt...

I finally found time to load my zigzag quilt.  I was so enthusiastic to do this one.  Why is it that I have to skin or frog (or whatever you call it) SO much?  I thought I would be okay with using navy thread in the bobbin, but I just don't like it.  Every little bobble stands out, and of course I am experiencing more bobbles than normal!   Ugh!  I know I should do some practice stitching when I am so boldly using contrasting threads on the backing fabric. 

It looks nice from the front...

 This is not going to be fun to do...
 I have two entire zags to skin!!
How about you?  How often do you have to do this?  Maybe it is just me?/

2 comments:

Diane said...

you are not alone. I don't like high contrast, every once in a while I forget this and have to pick out-and I think WHY do I do this to myself! Some comfort zones are better left alone (for me anyway!)

Brigitte said...

Me too, nearly at every quilt on my machine there is at least one little part I have to pick out. Mostly for a mistake or not excactly sewn. Thats part of a longarm quilting business ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...