Saturday, December 1, 2012

Is it Possible to Create Too Much Texture?





Maybe...  This is my daughter's quilt.  Isn't it cute?  She had many piecing issues, which I attempted to "quilt out."  haha...  

Anyway, she didn't care how I quilted it, said I could do a real easy e2e, but all that white tempted me to do something more.  

I probably should quilt down those colored parts of the pinwheels to make it a little less texture-ous (is that a word?), but she doesn't care, I don't have time.  So, for now, it will have lots of texture!







12 comments:

Andrea R said...

OOOOOOO! I did a pinwheel quilt recently and did similar quilting. Tho I did not get near as fancy. It's here -

http://quilti.com/pinwheels-all-done/

Vicki in MN said...

Mary-I really like the texture, awesome quilting and quilt. I would have done something similar

Sara said...

I really like the texture! Very cool...

Esther said...

I love it!

Diane said...

oh my I LOVE the texture! I wouldn't change a thing! L.O.V.E. it!!

Linda said...

No such thing as too much texture!! Gorgeous, creative and fun quilting!! I love how it turned out Mary!

Lynette said...

No, don't quilt the colored parts down! They're awesome. :D And I really love what you did in the border.

Frances Meredith said...

I think you have done a beautiful job, the quilting has really added something to the quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's awesome! Love the quilting and love the photos too!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It looks beautiful and I love all the texture! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Marelize Ries said...

I would not sew a single stitch further, it looks perfect, I LOVE IT!!

SeeingStars said...

I love the texture. It makes a flat quilt so much more interesting. :) Admittedly, I over-texture most of mine too. Oh well, it makes me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...