Sunday, April 21, 2013

Home of the Brave Quilt

I just finished this Home of the Brave Quilt.  Each time I do one of these I am humbled to the core, and just so very thankful.

I am thankful that I live in the United States of America.  I am thankful that so many young men and women defend our freedom, our rights, and our soil against the terrorists in the world. Honestly, I am thankful that I haven't lost a child or an in law in the Middle East.  I am thankful for all that I have.

Are you familiar with this project?  http://www.homeofthebravequilts.com/  One of the women in our guild is the west coast coordinator, so it's easy to be involved here.  The quilts in this project all follow the exact same pattern, but fabrics may vary.







After the quilt is presented, the coordinator gives me a certificate with the soldier's information and picture.

It is a very moving and spiritual time for me.
 
 It is customary for the makers of the quilt as well as other quilters to sign the center square with encouraging words.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...