Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lotsa Feathers

I really LOVE this quilt!  Joanie made it, originally asked for a simple edge to edge treatment, but then she agreed to let me do more!  I fell in love with the colors and fabrics, and had so much fun on this one.  I took tons of pictures - it always helps to finish a quilt in the day time so you can get the best lighting without a flash.
The border...

the corner,,,

simple feathers

hump and bump feathers 




the back

more of the back

a little bit of 'back and forth"




I really, really, really LOVE my Innova with LS!  

I saw the spiral feather wreath and the "L's" in the squares on Jenny Pedigo's blog:  http://jennysdoodlingneedle.blogspot.com/  Thanks for sharing, Jenny!

11 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

I can tell you love your Innova...........it shows in your work! It's not a chore when you love something so much, don't you think?

What Comes Next? said...

this is gorgeous! I love all the feathers

Jenny said...

This is so lovely! Your feathers are gorgeous! I'm so happy you were inspired, I love the Internet and all the inspiration out there!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh boy that is wonderful! I love the circular motion you gave this quilt.

Esther said...

Beautiful quilting. I am so glad your customer gave you free reign, you totally made the quilt with the quilting.

Little House Creations said...

Love your feathers - what a great job - I bet your customer is glad she went with your idea!!! Very nice!

Marelize Ries said...

I love feathers, and I bet she is just in awe of what you've quilted.
I would like to invite you to link up to my linky party, this is a stunner!
http://marelize-ries.blogspot.com/2013/06/anything-goes-quilt-n-sew-20-may-in.html

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

wow! beautiful quilting! Your designs are so intricate.

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Wow! That looks great. I'm a little jealous:) I hope to keep improving on my FMQ....this is inspirational.

MalinisQuilts said...

Your quilting is looking awesome! Love the feathers!

What kind of batting did you use?

Mary said...

I really like your quilting, especially the feathers. When you do that border, do you stitch a spine first or just mark it? It is very beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...