Friday, October 18, 2013

Do You Agree that Quilters are Generous People?

If you think about it, most quilters give their quilts away... for weddings, babies, memories, and so on.  Some of my quilty friends have never kept one quilt.  Wow!  I have a friend who lays a quilt on the bed top of each guest, and when they leave, they get to keep the quilt.  Amazing.  It sure makes me feel good to give away a quilt, as it does for you, too.  Sometimes it's very hard to give a quilt that you made with the intention of a gift, and then it becomes your newest favorite.  Agree?

As a quilter for others, I have the opportunity to see so much generosity, and really lovely quilts.  These three little pieces were made by a customer/friend who will be giving them away soon.  Just because, no special occasion.  Nice.







3 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Very generous... I agree!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those quilts will be beautiful gifts. I agree that quilters are generous.

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Lovely gifts! I only have three quilts in the house,....... considering I've been making quilts for some 30 years; I usually make a quilt, and then gift same to a family member or friend. For me, I really love the creation process and love to see the response of the people who receive my gifts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...