Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Who Doesn't Love a Scrap Quilt?

If you forced me to pick a favorite 'type' of quilt, I would have a hard time just picking one type, but I would have to say I have a special fondness for scrap quilts.  To me, a scrap quilt just epitomizes quilting and the entire history of the craft.  I love history, I love the intelligent use of making due with what you have and being frugal, and I love how I never have to struggle deciding on what fabrics to use when I make a scrap quilt.  I just use scraps with some type of a neutral.  

This is Sandy's bowtie quilt from 1997.  I am grateful that she has asked me to finish this for her.

 

The backing is a muslin so the pantograph really shows up nicely on the back.  Of course, this quilt makes me want to make a bowtie quilt, too!

 All folded up and ready to go!


 And here it is - the full picture.


6 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Love the full shot of that quilt, Mary. I can see how it is tempting you to make a bow tie quilt, too! Your quilting is gorgeous. Such a compliment to the design! Thanks so much for joining the party at the Let's Bee Social!

Diane said...

fantastic-both quilt and your quilting-Sandy must be happy it's no longer a UFO!

Sue Daurio said...

looks wonderful. One of these days I want to try a pantograph in the middle with different quilting on the borders. Any tips or tricks?

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Love scrappy quilts!! They are timeless and this one looks lovely.

Jo Ferguson said...

Quilting is like a woman putting on makeup. It should enhance and not steal the show. You've certainly enhanced an already wonderful quilt and taken it to gorgeous.

Michele said...

Really fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...