Monday, February 9, 2015

Repairing Scratched Pier 1 Wicker Chairs

Well this is not quilting related, but I thought I would post a follow up to a post I wrote a year or so ago.  The post was about my wicker chairs and what can I do to repair them.

The chair on the left is repaired. 

 Fast-forward one or two years and this is the result   I finally did it!  I am really really pleased with the outcome.  I just used furniture wood stain. That is it. I cannot believe that there are no other posts about how to repair wicker chairs on the Internet and trust me I did a lot of research.  

Closeup of un-repaired chair. 

Not one article mentioned furniture wood stain. Pier 1 had no suggestions for me   On these particular chairs I used cherry. 

Both chairs repaired. I think I'll celebrate by buying new cushions from Pier 1!

2 comments:

Barbara Johnson said...

I love that it was such an easy and quick repair with such beautiful results! Thanks for sharing and updating!

LynneP said...

Great job-they look brand new again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...