Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wool, Homespun Fabrics, and Feathers Make this a Jewel!

Jackie has been waiting patiently for this jem, and I hope it will be worth the wait.  I posted earlier about all the tools I used for this quilt, and will post more later this week.  I quilted lots of feathers as they are one of my favorite things to do, particularly on a traditional quilt like this.  

I used Glide primarily, with So Fine for the stitch in the ditch. Thanks for looking!  Thanks, Jackie, for allowing me to finish your quilt.  It was a pleasure.  

The full quilt!  It was hard to fit this one in my living room.  The quilt is 94x98.
Closeup of my border design.  I used Linda Hrcka's largest arc ruler, along with Renae Haddadin's arc.
The back!
Thanks for looking.






2 comments:

Teresa Silva said...

This turned out so beautiful Mary! Your quilting is over the top gorgeous.

Michele said...

It looks great. Nicely done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...