Sunday, August 21, 2016

Liking it Much Better Now

So after I removed all the quilting I didn't like, I began to enjoy myself.  I'm not worried about how this will look now, I'm sure it will be good enough.  This is not for a show, it's not for a paying customer (it's for my daughter), so I can do what I want.  I've chosen some fun fills, and also some time-consuming semi-fun ones.  You know how that goes, right?  You start on a dense area, fun for the first hour, but then you begin to lose interest and by the time you're on the home stretch, you're absolutely sick of it!  Kind of like winter snow, right?  You love the first snowfall but are sick of it by February or March!


I was driving home from my daughter's house on Wednesday evening and I stopped to take this picture.  Not a lot of color, but I thought it was pretty.


And this is a picture of what most of central (where I live) and eastern Montana looks like.  The Yellowstone River is down below the rims.  





3 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I like those fills! I can completely relate - in fact I've got several quilts sitting unfinished as I have gotten so tired of the "perfect" design and just can't bring myself to finish them yet!
Very pretty country where you live.

Sharon said...

The quilt is lovely. I'm sure after you it off the frame and look at the completed project, you will love it as well. But I here you in that you get tired of doing one thing so long.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

The quilting looks really nice now. Sorry you had to frog stitch it the first time. Sometimes things just don't look right and then you have to come up with another plan. Yes some quilts just go on and on and never seem to end but if you keep at it they all finally get done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...