Sunday, January 8, 2017

Challenging Myself

 
  
For 2017 I have challenged myself to accomplish 12 tasks.  Not to finish UFOs, or to make 12 quilts, but to accomplish 12 things.  
 

In no particular order, this is my list:

  1. Finish the modern quilt design I started, piece and quilt it.
  2. Dye Fabric
  3. Use one piece of silk I purchased last year.
  4. Finish one of the wholecloth designs I started, mark it and stitch it out.
  5. Use Derwent pencils on something
  6. Use Paintsticks on something
  7. Design and  complete the challenge quilt for Big Sky Quilt Retreat
  8. Use EQ7 to design a simple quilt
  9. Bind, Block and Remove Bleed from quilt.
  10. Use new panto on a UFO
  11. Use new panto on a UFO
  12. Finish grandkids eye spy quilts
  13. Make a charity/comfort quilt from stash.
  14. Make a charity/comfort quilt from stash.
  15. Use class notes from Sue Heinz' class to stitch on a quilt.
  16. Stitch some gridded fills on a quilt.

 

 
 
A couple weeks ago I was coloring with my grandkids.  They wanted me to doodle something that they could color.  This is the piece I kept for myself.  Ironically it's the same colors of the fabric that I purchased last!          
 
And then to make it even more ironic, I rarely design a quilt in which the predominant colors are reds, (okay, one time I made a red and site quilt for a fundraiser) and I just painted over all the red in our house and replaced it with gray. (See all the red and gray in my colored doodle?)
 
New paint colors 
 
 
 
 This picture was from the real estate listing before we bought the home.
  I guess all the painting made a lasting impression on me, huh? 
See, we really are influenced by the colors around us!  I hope you're having a great start to a new year, and I just may need a reminder to follow your blog.  If you are reading this, take a moment to comment so I can check out your blog.   

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

While the red walls were pretty, you just turned your home into something more modern with the lovely gray! Can't wait to see what you make with that fabric though:)

Silvana Vituriano Celistre said...

I do not make lists at the beginning of the year ...
I'm always changing my mind and what was priority yesterday will not be tomorrow ..

What Comes Next? said...

Love your challenge list - a good part of it I could just move right over and make it my list! I think you need to turn that doodle into a quilt - the first of many collaborations?!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love your house! Very open and bright! That is quite the ambitious list, good to start the year running!

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...