Friday, March 29, 2013

A Perfect Vacation for a Machine Quilter

We started our vacation by stopping in to the Let's Quilt Shop in St. George, Utah so that I could try out a 22" Innova with Lightening Stitch. 












The next day we drove back down Logan Canyon to the Handiquilter Headquarters! where I met with the CEO and had a private tour of their factory.  I felt like a true celebrity.  I don't know why I didn't take pictures!!  Everyone was so nice.  How did I get this treatment?  Well, I have been trying to decide between the HQ Fusion and the Innova 22" and could not find a Fusion anywhere near my home, or along our travel route, for that matter.  So their customer service rep was kind enough to arrange a test drive at their headquarters and then a tour.  Fabulous!















What a nice break from all the driving - we skied at Beaver Mountain Ski Area - wow!  I love this resort.  The snow was fantastic, and absolutely no crowds, in fact, there must have been only 100 people on the mountain.  We skied our fannies off, and after five hours, we had to surrender.  We were pooped!


Once we got to our place in Northern Utah, I took out my little featherweight and set up my little piecing work station.  I have had these jelly rolls for three-four years, and once I decided on a different pattern, it has been really fun putting it together.  I love these fabrics.








We are going back through St. George tomorrow and will be going to the Dixie Quilt Guild's show so that I can test drive the Innova again.  I haven't yet made up my mind.  Shopping for a longarm is really hard, and I am so confused. 

I should have my quilt top put together tonight.  Later this week I'll post some pictures of the scenery in Wyoming and Utah.  I know they say Montana is Big Sky Country, but there are some awfully BIG skies in Northern Utah and Western Wyoming!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Shopping for a longarm is tough work. Good for you testing them out so well. Tell the folks in St George hello for me, and I am looking forward to hearing which machine you choose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...