Monday, January 2, 2012

A Break from Machine Quilting to Do Some Stargazing...

I have had this bag of strips and blocks in a grocery sack for several years.  I'm working on it now.  It's so nice to have some time for piecing.  Since I am away from my longarm, there are no temptations to load another quilt...  I love these fabrics.  And of course I am thinking while I am piecing this.... "how will I quilt this..."

I am linking up to Lily's Quilts, and since I have fewer than 50 followers, I am following the Small Blog Meet!  Looking forward to meeting new bloggers.  Here is the link to the meet... http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Suze said...

Wow, Mary - what fabulous quilting you do! One of my (ever increasing list of) goals this year is to improve my quilting - i.e to step up from a stipple!! And I love that star block. I'll definitely be back for tips and inspiration :)

What Comes Next? said...

what a wonderful bright star block! It looks like it would be a great use of my stash and scraps, too! The more FMQ I do the more I'm thinking of the quilting right from the get go with my quilts - maybe that's why the old UFOs languish!

Needle little Balance said...

I like your star block and it is satisfying to use up some "old" fabrics, right?

Annemart Berendse said...

Hi Mary,
What a great bright star block! I look forward to how you will quilt that... And what a great idea, a small bloggers meeting!

Karen Smith said...

What pretty colors. I'm also admiring your quilting. I love beautiful quilting on fabulous tops :) I also couldn't help but to notice that you are in Tehachapi! I'm from Bakersfield and always went up to Tehachapi a few times a year with my family to enjoy the area and also once a year for apples. I passed through two years ago and can't believe how big the town is now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...