Thursday, November 4, 2010

one cure for wanderlust is to travel, right?

One of the many canals in Amsterdam.  What a beautiful city!  Dean had to convince me to go there.  I don't know why I didn't think I'd like it, but it was fantastic.  We had less than 24 hours to visit the city because Dean had to get to Ringkobing Denmark for a meeting the next day, so we woke up early and arranged for bicycles from our small hotel.  Then we rode around the city for five hours.  What a fantastic way to see a place.  We didn't try to go to any museums.  We stayed in a hotel that once was seven homes and had been combined, I believe they were built in the 1700s.  I would really love to go back to Amsterdam.
This is Michelangelo's Madonna in the cathedral in Antwerp, Belgium.  I had a fantastic tour of this cathedral.  I believe I've been in five now and had yet to take a formal tour.  The guide was so informative, and new so much about art history.  She also spoke four languages, which is very typical of Flemish people of Belgium. 


Gorgeous castle in Denmark.
Loved the botanical decor on this Copenhagen building.

We traveled to Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark in August.  It was brilliant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...