Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Invisible Thread...and How Did I Live Without It?



Wow!  When I was moaning about my decision to make placemats, and how much time it takes to finish the binding on them, several of my readers suggested that I machine stiitch the binding down with invisible thread.  Can't say enough good things about this stuff.  Of course, I wouldn't use it for a special quilt, but for placemats and quick little gifts, this stuff is awesome!  The only problem I had was that somehow my machine (a Janome 4623) overwound a bobbin, and it actually lifted the top of the bobbin off! 

And I just had to add this picture of the snowman my daughter and grandson made last week.  We finally got some snow.  I hope we get more!

1 comment:

Teresa Silva said...

Those turned out so cute and look so pretty on your table. I always use quilted placemats at my house. Love them! We are quilters so we need to surround ourselves with what we love. Nice job...love the way you quilted them too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...