Saturday, September 1, 2012

I am on a De-Cluttering Kick

So I have been feeling the urge to purge lately.  As much as I like beautiful things, or clever  ideas, I also hate to look at what all that 'shtuff' does to my house.  I recently learned about Flylady and very briefly checked out her blog.  Since then I have been thinking that I can conquer the mess and clutter 15 minutes at a time.  I hate to clean, and so I don't...as often as I should.  We used to have a cleaning service twice a month, but no longer do.

So this past week I decided to open up a couple bathroom drawers and tossed a bunch of old junk we never use.  Love that feeling!  Then I went to the hardly ever use anymore filing cabinet.  Since so much is stored online, I am hoping to scale back from a four drawer to a two drawer soon.  Anyway, I grabbed four huge files of old bank statements and Dean and I enjoyed our new fire pit in the new backyard.

I had a glass of wine, and capped off the evening with a s'more!  Yum!  It makes me feel like I am camping, but I get to sleep in my own bed and enjoy that hot shower.  That was so much more fun than sitting at the noisy shredder.


3 comments:

Diane said...

love the FlyLady's ideas-still don't like to clean...haha but love getting rid of stuff I don't use anyway

Carrie P. said...

I have tried to simplify my house too. It does feel good. I hope to use our fire pit this weekend if it is cool enough.

Paulette said...

We had a paper burning bonfire a couple years ago, and it was so cathartic. I am way overdue for one again. Cheers to your decluttering! You wouldn't know it from my most recent post, but I am feeling much the same way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...