Monday, January 6, 2014

To Mia with Love!

My youngest granddaughter, Mia, who turned three on December 2, moved to a big girl bed well over nine months ago and I just finished her quilt for the new bed.  I recycled her window valance, bumper pads, and dust ruffle, added some new fabrics (lots of new fabrics... too many fabrics) and came up with this cheery quilt.  I say too many because I ended up buying almost double the needed fabrics trying to find just the right mix.  I had even made all the blocks with completely different sashing strips, and then ripping them all apart and starting over!

This is going to Montana tomorrow.  Wish I could just take it to her...

My other daughter, Mia's auntie, will do the binding for me.





4 comments:

Michelle said...

She'll love it. I love that the pink sashing is like a maze.

LynneP said...

This is a wonderful little girl quilt for Mia's first big girl bed! I imagine she will LOVE it.

Michele said...

Love that idea and it turned out fabulous!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I always enjoy stopping by to see your work. I'm a new GFC follower as of today!! YAH!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...