Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Out of My Box Design and Graffiti Quilting

Well just in case you haven't seen this yet... And I don't know how that could happen as I've blitzed FB and IG with it...here is my latest hair brained scheme. Tried hand appliqué methods and graffiti quilting for the first time. I definitely found an appliqué method I prefer - with stiff paper like cereal boxes or file folders, and starch and an iron.  I like the crispness it gives the edges.  Of course I can't use that with tiny pieces like leaves or stems, but for this size, it worked great.  

I loved graffiti quilting!  Thank you Karlee Porter!  It was so liberating.  I didn't mark or plan at all.

I'm already planning another...






Thanks for stopping by!






2 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

OMG Mary, that is really neat, love love love it!! I hope you enter it in a show sometime.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I just love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...