Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Skinning a Quilt - You Tube

If you follow my blog, you'll know that I have this strange love for skinning quilts.  I have no issue at all skinning a queen size quilt if I don't like the quilting on it!  Yes, I know!  Early on in my early machine quilting days I quilted a beautiful quilt of my own.  As my quilting abilities became more, um, mature, I just couldn't stand looking at the horrible job I had done, so I ripped out every single stitch - but not with a seam ripper.  No!  I used a rotary cutter.  Disclaimer - I have never done this on a customer quilt, and doubt I would just because of that Murphy's Law thing.  

On my own quilt?  Yep!  It's the fastest way to remove stitching I no longer like.  If it's still on the frame and I only have a row or two to remove, I'll skin it on the frame, but if it's more than that, I'll sit with it on my lap and skin away.

So here we have my very first selfie video, and my very first attempt at You Tube.  Super easy.  

Hmmmm.... I can't seem to get it to link here.  I hope it works.  





5 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Great video! Thank you, a good technique to know.

Deb B said...

Thanks for that !! I have a quilt that I could use that on. Love the quilt top, intensley dislike the quilting!!

Paulette said...

I've never seen this done before. Thanks for the video. I have an early sampler quilt (one of my first quilts) that I'd like to skin. Sent it out to an unknown and inexperienced quilter and learned my first great quilting lesson.

Sharon said...

WOW Thanks so much. I think that will save me a lot of time.

Mary Bolton said...

video link worked just fine. Unsewing continues to be needed. Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...