Friday, January 27, 2017

Change in Venue

I'm stitching from our place in California now, and I find it's easier to finish things because I don't have all the distractions of my other life with grandkids, kids, longarm, quilt guilds, etc.   this is the second of four eye spy quilts my grandkids and I have started.  Two of them have the same busy sashing to make it harder to 'spy' and the third will have more of a solid sashing because I ran a it of this polka dot fabric.  I don't want to buy more fabric, and didn't bring much with me to CA.  
Before I left Montana, I was busy blocking, binding and bleeding a quilt.  Oh, my, that was scary.  All that work only to find that the red had bled all over the white. Well, thankfully for Vicki Welsh Publishing an article on bleeding a quilt, I followed her directions and it worked beautifully.  
 
Here are the foam boards I tacked the quilt to.
The quilt is soaking in a hot bath of Dawn dish detergent.  
 
I'm still struggling with publishing to this google blog from an Apple product, so my posts are few and far between.  One day I'll have to make the leap to a wordpress platform...Well, thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well in your world.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mr Naveen said...

Why is the insurance of your cargo important? Is your cargo in transit at risk of damage or theft? Are you afraid of the hectic paperwork in getting cargo insurance? Trukky brings you hassle-free marine insurance processes online, with no paperwork, and ineffective price comparisons between different insurance companies. Instead, truck insurance deal with the best and most Transit Insurance providers and offers you the industry best risk coverage terms, quick claim facility at the lowest of premium rates. Your cargo is now insured with the best risk cover through Trukkyinsurance by one of the leading and the most trusted transport insurance company in India.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...